Career Opportunities – Commercial Associate
We are currently seeking to recruit a commercial junior associate to join our growing Corporate and Commercial team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established firm with a strong reputation in the commercial sector; to work on projects with leading international clients; and to further your career in this dynamic and challenging area.
About the team
Over the past eighty years J.W. O’Donovan have established a reputation as one of the leading Munster commercial and corporate law firms advising a variety of national and international clients on projects ranging from large scale retail park developments, international company mergers and acquisitions, and private equity finance transactions.
We are committed to giving our clients a legal service that is professional and practical, and backed by expertise, experience and ethics.
Why J.W. O’Donovan’s Commercial Team:
- You will have the opportunity of advising some of the leading Irish and international, developers, investors and retail companies
- You will be a key player in an awarding team with an opportunity to grow your experience and establish your reputation in the Irish commercial sector
- You will be involved from start to finish in the projects, not just dipping in and out on certain areas as and when required
- You will be joining a dynamic law firm where hard work and innovation are rewarded
The primary responsibility of the role will be to support the existing commercial team on assignments, with a primary focus on finance and security, commercial property, and corporate advices, for domestic and international clients including:
- International developers
- International Retail Companies
- Advising clients on structured finance transactions to include carrying out of due diligence on security offered.
- Advising clients on commercial property transactions from stage one to final completion of large scale retail developments
- Supporting the existing commercial and corporate team on corporate transactions to include mergers and acquisitions which work will be from start to finish and include due diligence work and drafting of transactional documentation.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have between 0 – 3 years PQE, with experience in the commercial and corporate sector to include security review and commercial property work. He or she should have strong organisational and interpersonal skills as well as a good work ethic, energy, enthusiasm and be highly motivated.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Experience in the areas of commercial and corporate law
- Excellent drafting skills
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- A sociable person, capable of communicating at all levels with an ability to communicate points clearly in a non-confrontational manner
- A calm and measured approach to problem solving
- A willingness to work hard above and beyond normal office hours, if required
- A willingness to attend networking and marketing events, if required
An attractive remuneration package, including salary, bonus and pension, will be on offer to the successful candidate.
How do I apply?
Please contact John Sheehan, Partner by email at email@example.com