Practice Areas – Employment
J.W. O’Donovan has developed a strong expertise in this expanding area of law. We provide an employment advisory and representative service in respect of both stand-alone employment issues as well as those matters that emerge as a result of wider corporate developments.
Employment law is developing all the time to keep pace with the significant changes in the Irish economy and society. Companies and individuals are required to continuously adapt to these new work realities. We advise parties on their rights and responsibilities under Irish employment legislation and the requirements for compliance with these regulations. We deal with all employment issues in a practical and sensitive manner.
Our advice and guidance is designed to help both sides achieve a satisfied workforce and a profitable and friendly work environment.
From negotiating and drafting employment contracts to representation and guidance for parties attending tribunals and courts, J.W. O’Donovan has the experience and knowledge to provide the effective, efficient, practical advice require on every such occasion.
Our services include the following:
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Preparing, drafting and negotiating employment contracts, consultancy agreements and severance agreements
- Health and safety in the workplace and employers liability
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal and other breach of contract actions
- Industrial relations and dispute
- Bullying and harassment claims
- Advising and drafting employer policies and procedures
- Redundancy and workforce restructuring
- Restraint of trade and restrictive covenants
- Employee share ownership plans and approved profit sharing schemes
- Intellectual property in employment
- Transfer of undertakings regulations and change management
- Equality and discrimination issues
- Representation before the Workplace Relations Commission and Labour Court
- Mediation and other dispute resolution mechanisms